An evolving list of helpful articles to aid and assist you in finding what services best suit your legal needs.
The dangers of do-it-yourself estate planning
U.S. News and World Report
- Do It Yourself Estate Planning--A Uniquely Bad Idea!
- Is Do It Yourself Estate Planning A Valid Option?
- Estate Planning: DIY or Pro?
Estate Planning Resources
- AARP on estate planning
- Estate Planning Information from Wealt Counsel. A collection of information for consumers of all ages. Learn the difference between wills and trusts and discover the risks of do it yourself (DIY) legal forms.
- Estate Planning Information from the American Bar Association. Includes an overview of estate planning, common terminology and tools, like wills and trusts, and answers to frequently asked questions about estate planning.
Wisconsin Estate Planning resources
- Family Estate Planning in Wisconsin (University of Wisconsin-Extension, Cooperative Extension)
- Wisconsin Registers in Probate Directory
- Handbook for Personal Representatives (State Bar of Wisconsin publication)
- Paying the Debts of a Deceased Relative: Who Is Responsible? (Federal Trade Commission)
Illinois Estate Planning resources
Wills in Illinois (Chicago Bar Association)
- Asset Management for the Incapacitated (Chicago Bar Association)
- Estate Settlement by Independent Administration (Chicago Bar Association)
- Guardianships in Illinois
- Powers of Attorney in Illinois (Chicago Bar Association)
- Taxes and Death in IL (Chicago Bar Association)
- Trusts in IL (Chicago Bar Association)
Minnesota Estate Planning Resources
Business Law Resources
- 101 Resources for First Time Entrepreneurs
- Trademark Search Services
- U.S. Small Business Association (information and resources for starting and managing a business)
- Wisconsin Department of Financial Institutions (for information on starting a Wisconsin business)
- Wisconsin.gov (for information and resources on starting a business in Wisconsin)
- Illinois Secretary of State (for information on starting an Illinois business)
- Illinois.gov (information and resources on starting a business in Illinois)
- Minnesota Secretary of State (for information on starting a Minnesota business)
- Positively Minnesota (information and resources on starting a business in Minnesota)
Tax information for small businesses and startups